Snaps Provide A Solid Ground Point on ESD Material
CS1010 Push and Clinch Snaps From Transforming Technologies
Grounding snaps are used to connect a ground cord to a work surface static safe mat or a ESD floor mat. An antistatic floor mat
or ground mat
is one of a number of antistatic devices designed to help eliminate static electricity. It does this by having a conductive material embedded within the mat that collects the static. The mat would need to be grounded (earthed). This is usually accomplished by plugging into the grounded line in an electrical outlet.Pronged Push and Clinch snaps are ideal for multi-layered surfaces and come as a male stud or female socket and are offered in 10 mm (3/8”) size.
Download How to Install Ground Snaps.
1. Place ESD matting on workstation. Locate the safest grounding point (outlet).
2. Choose which side of the mat has the closest or most convenient access to the grounding point.
3. Locate an area 1 –2 inches in from each corner of the mat on the side that was determined above.
4. Press snap downward until prongs puncture matting and are fully visible on the underside of the mat.
5. Bend the prongs of the snaps until flush against the underside of the mat.
6. Add additional snaps -for a total of at least two- every 10 feet or the length the mat allows.
Ground Snap Install Instructions