DescriptionA hand-held meter used to test the performance of ESD floors in combination with a person per ANSI/ESD STM 97.2. and IEC Standard 61340-4-5. The electrostatic charge of a person walking on an ESD safe floor with ESD safe footwear can be measured with the EFM51WT Walking Test Kit. This test provides measurement data on the actual charge on a person while walking which is used to determine the effectiveness of the floor/footwear grounding system. The EFM51 holds the PEAK value of the measured body voltage, as well as the LIVE static voltage measured on the operator’s body. The kit includes the EFM51 static field meter, walking test adapter plate, hand probe and conductive carrying case. The EFM51 is a fully function field meter that in addition to the Walking Test, measures and detects electrostatic fields, surface potentials and discharge times (with optional charge plate accessory – p/n 7100.EFM51.CPS.SET.) Product Video Below is the procedure for the EFM51 walking test. Prepare the EFM51
- The EFM should be placed into the grounded foam base that is on a flat surface near the floor to be tested.
- Hold the function button until “change mode” appears. Press the button until “Max Value” appears (This is 6 button presses). This mode will becomes active in 2seconds.
- Hold the probe in one hand and perform the walking test:
- The upper display line indicates the maximum positive and negative body voltage generated on the person when walking.
- The lower line indicates the minimum body voltage on the person.