The 282 is a pocket-sized, noncontacting static meter which produces a consistently accurate measurement of charges, and is easy to use.
The282 is used to perform static surveys and evaluate charge accumulation in electronic manufacturing and in industrial operations such as converting, printing, packaging, and plastics processing.With the Model 282, accuracy is unquestioned. Simply hold the instrument so the range finder LED beams form a non-pulsing circle indicating youre at exactly the right distance from the target for readings up to 20 kV. Additionally, Monroes chopper-stabilized circuitry is immune to ionization, unlike ordinary static locators. Zeroing is push-button simple.
Pair the 282A with the 282CPS Charge Plate System to evaluate ESD ionizer performance. The 282CPS includes a charge plate attachment for the field meter and a charging source to charge the plate attachment.
- Pulsing-beam rangefinder for always obtaining the correct reading
- Exclusive Auto-Zero circuit
- HOLD button captures transient readings
- Recorder output and 40-hour battery
- Drift-free accuracy even in ionized environments
- Charged plate adapter available
- Available in Model 282IS – Intrinsically safe (IS) meter
- UL Certification Class I Groups A, B, C, D and Class II Groups E, F, G