The 282-IS is a full-featured hand-held field meter used to evaluate charge accumulation in hazardous environments where the atmospheric mixture may ignite.
The282-IS is used to perform static surveys and evaluate charge accumulation in electronic manufacturing and in industrial operations such as converting, printing, packaging, and plastics processing. The Model 282-IS is intrinsically safe and accuracy is unquestioned. Simply hold the instrument so the range finder LED beams form a non-pulsing circle indicating youre at exactly the right distance from the target for readings up to 20 kV. Additionally, the chopper-stabilized circuitry is immune to ionization, unlike ordinary static locators. Zeroing is push-button simple.
What is intrinsic safety?
Intrinsic safety is a design technique applied to electrical equipment and wiring for hazardous locations. The technique is based on limiting energy, electrical and thermal, to a level below that required to ignite a specific hazardous atmospheric mixture. The 282-IS is UL approved for hazardous environments.
Pair the 282-IS with the 282CPS system to evaluate ESD ionizer performance. The 282CPS includes a charge plate attachment for the field meter and a charging source to charge the plate attachment.
- Pulsing-beam rangefinder for always obtaining the correct reading
- Exclusive Auto-Zero circuit
- HOLD button captures transient readings
- Recorder output and 40-hour battery
- Drift-free accuracy even in ionized environments
- Charged plate adapter available
- Available in Model 282IS – Intrinsically safe (IS) meter
- UL Certification Class I Groups A, B, C, D and Class II Groups E, F, G